Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
Botox is most commonly known for treating fine lines and wrinkles on the face, but many people are surprised to learn that it also has a number of medical and dental applications as well. A dentist may not be the first person to come to mind when thinking about Botox injections, but they're actually uniquely qualified due to their extensive medical training and experience and specialization in the muscles of the face and jaw. Our dentist Dr. Mark Gleckner offers cosmetic Botox and family dentistry services in Florham Park, NJ.
Dental Botox Treatments in Florham Park, NJ
Along with the cosmetic applications and anti-aging effects, Botox has a number of medical and dental uses as well. One of the ways Dr. Gleckner uses Botox is to help patients suffering from TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorders.
Botox injections can help relax the muscles in the jaw, potentially relieving some of the symptoms of TMJ disorder which can make it painful to chew, speak, and sometimes cause the jaw to lock in place.
Other dental uses for Botox include treating a "gummy smile." Whether you have ongoing pain and stiffness in your jaw from clenching or grinding your teeth in your sleep, suffer from TMJ disorders, or need cosmetic improvements to your smile or your face, Dr. Gleckner can help.
Find a Dentist in Florham Park, NJ
For more information about the dental applications for Botox and how it can help you, contact our office today by calling (973) 377-1174 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Gleckner.
Have you discovered Invisalign, yet? If not, you are missing out on one of the most discreet orthodontic treatments available today. Available from Dr. Mark J. Gleckner here at Smiles By Dr. Mark in Florham Park, NJ, Invisalign improves your smile in a comfortable and incognito fashion—read on to learn more!
What Invisalign can do for you
Invisalign is different than other orthodontic options. Instead of traditional brackets, Invisalign uses clear, smooth plastic trays called aligners. They works like this:
- You receive your first set of aligners, which you wear for 2 weeks
- You move up to a new set of aligners, which you wear for another 2 weeks
- Following this pattern, you receive a new set of aligners every 2 weeks as your teeth comfortably move into the proper positioning
- You visit your dentist every few weeks to monitor and track your progress
- After an average period of 9 to 15 months, your treatment is complete
It’s true that Invisalign is the most discreet orthodontic treatment available, but that’s just the beginning of the amazing benefits you will enjoy with Invisalign. Consider that Invisalign is:
- Beautiful, because the clear plastic aligners blend perfectly with your smile
- Comfortable, because there are no metal parts to poke your skin
- Convenient, because the aligners can be removed during meal times
- Healthy, because the aligners can be removed to brush and floss
Invisalign aligners may look delicate and beautiful, but they are strong. In fact, Invisalign can correct many of the same alignment issues that are tackled by conventional brackets and wires. Accordingly, Invisalign orthodontic treatment is the perfect choice to correct:
- Overbite or underbite
- Crossbite or open bite
- Rotated or poorly-positioned teeth
- Gapped apart or overlapped teeth
nterested? Call us
You and your smile deserve a beautiful smile, and Invisalign can help you achieve it! To learn more about Invisalign and our other cosmetic, restorative, and preventive dental services, contact Dr. Mark J. Gleckner's office in Florham Park, NJ, today by dialing (973) 377-1174.